Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Output Selected Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodywoodpecker

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
US
Hello,

I am not formally trained in VBA and have a problem with a database I am working in. I have a form that outputs to a Word MailMerge document. The merge works great, but all records are merged. I only want the selected record to merge. Any advice on how to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

Craig

Craig:
What code are you using to transfer the information? Can you post it?

"I know what you're t'inkin', ma petite. Dat Gambit... still de suave one, no?"

Below is the code present in the database when I took over. Once Word opens the user must click the Merge Data button and all records that exist merge into Word documents. The database is growing and at some point will cause problems I'm sure. Thanks.

Private Sub Word_Merge_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Word_Merge_Click
Call Shell("C:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office\winword.exe \\NTPLTNDLS01\Ipm_man\PETEAC~1\Facili~1.doc", 1)

Exit_Word_Merge_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_Word_Merge_Click:
Call Shell("C:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office10\winword.exe \\NTPLTNDLS01\Ipm_man\PETEAC~1\Facili~1.doc", 1)
Resume Exit_Word_Merge_Click
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back