Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

output query with numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehlerak

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
US
I am trying to output a query that has some numbers to a CSV file. All the text fields get enclosed with double quotes and when I hit finish on the export wizard, I get an "invalid argument" error message, which is consistent with what I found on Microsoft: The solution offered to use the 'Save Formatted' check box gives me a file I cannot use, since it encloses everything in a table grid. The second option - to use a convert function such as Cint - doesn't exist in Access (I'm using Access2000 standard).
Any ideas? I tried extracting to Excel, then to CSV, but Excel doesn't enclose text in double quotes, giving me other problems.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Ariel

This article implies that CDbl is available in Access 2000 Standard Edition. I wonder if some other problem is preventing you from using the function? I tried this query (SQL view):
[tt]SELECT CDbl([TheDecimalField]) AS Expr1, Table1.TheQuotesField
FROM Table1;[/tt]
Against a table with a decimal field as described in the article you referenced, and it worked for export. I think that it is the equivalent of the standard edition that is installed on the computer I used to test. [ponder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back