Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Output iframe with style tag / the use of quote marks inside response.write

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2012
GB
Hi

I'm trying to get this iframe to output to page with response.write, however cannot get my head round ASP classic and using html tags with quote marks , e.g. style="border:0px dotted"

can someone guide me on this, and how I can correct the below

response.Write "<iframe style="border:0px dotted" src=quote_display.asp?fvrecid=" & varquote_id & "'/> </iframe>"

thanks

Either way should work
Code:
response.Write "<iframe style=[highlight]'[/highlight]border:0px dotted[highlight]'[/highlight] src=quote_display.asp?fvrecid=" & varquote_id & "/> </iframe>"

or

Code:
response.Write "<iframe style=[highlight]""[/highlight]border:0px dotted[highlight]""[/highlight] src=quote_display.asp?fvrecid=" & varquote_id & "/> </iframe>"

Hi
I tried your examples and now receiving this error, which I didn't receive before trying the iframe

any ideas?

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'CInt'

/xml_qte_display.asp, line 43

Well, there is no CInt in the code you posted, so you would have to post the code that is giving the error...

this worked, thanks

Code:
response.Write "<iframe src='quote_display[s][/s].asp?fvrecid=" & varquote_id & "' style=border:0px dotted scrolling=none 

width=600 height=600 align=left/> </iframe>"

I found that using a constant is much easier, then concatenate the output.

const sQM = chr(34)

"<iframe style=" &sQM& "border:0px dotted" &sQM& ..........

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back