Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Output drops on down interface? 3750 switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknipe

MIS
Jul 28, 2005
US
Hi I am pretty sure I have a switch that needs to be upgraded but am having a little trouble convincing the VIP's on this. There is an item in the 12.2.44 release notes that mentions a fix for asic stats being incorrectly reported which is what I think is going on in my case.

On one of my ports, its current status is down/down yet I still see output drops on the port. Should you see output drops on a port that is down?

No on any port that is admin down , nothing should increase. Did you clear the counters and watch it?

I cleared the counters on the port and watched it again by doing a show int g1/0/x and it still fluctuates every 5 seconds right on the money between 0 and 934191963. When I do a show int g1/0/x counters errors The output discards is has not increased in the last 10 minutes it is still showing 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back