Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outpulsing a * 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2001
US
I am trying to use digit insertion to send a * to the LEC for custom feature access. The problem is, insert treats the * as a pause character and doesn't send it out with the rest of the dialed string. According to the LEC, I should be able to substitute 11 in place of the star, but that isn't working in all my locations.

Is there a character that can preceed the * to indicate it's not to be used as a pause? Is there some other method to send the * character?

TIA

Max

Unfortunately * will always be seen as pause within the DMI table, there is no way of replicating the * with another digit/s, where did you receive the information about using 11?

Colin

11 is a replacement string for the * to allow use of rotary or pulse dialing phones. This is a function of the LEC's switch. Nothing to do with the Option 11.

*67 is the Telco's code to cancel caller ID. In another location, I was able to use the string 1167* to block caller ID. The 11 replaces the * and the trailing * after the 1167 provides a pause before the telephone number digits are sent. What I've found out is that my problem location has centrex features enabled on the trunks. Plexar is SBC's version of centrex and it doesn't allow the substitution of the 11 for the *. I am having SBC remove the Plexar features and expect the 11 to work after that.

We have an Option 81 with a VPN to a COT for a so- called "private line." *82 does not work but #*82 does! Try it!

Dialling # tells the switch that you have finished dialling the number (end-of-dial) and to begin sending DTMF

I am trying to insert a *(pause) in a DMI table to go over a DTI T1. When I place a call I get a ERR090 message and the call hangs and eventually drops. Any thoughts as to why the DTI does not like the *. It works fine over Analog Trunks

MaXJohnson put in your Route data black the prompt OPR = YES
This allow dial * when you access the trunk and don´t treat the * as a pause.

Regards,

Javier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back