Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlooks shows Disconnect when using SSL VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

evr72

MIS
Dec 8, 2009
US
Hello,

I am baffled about this one:

I have a user that connects from time to time via SonicWall SSL VPN to check his email.

it was working well and all of the sudden it stopped working saying Disconnected on the bottom.

I check the security, and no issues there, I checked the connection to the mail server, and no issues there either, I can ping the server.

I descided to delete his account in his outlook while connected to the SSL VPN, I entered his Name and email then checked the Manual settings, selected Exchange server, typed the email server IP address the user name click on check and it resolves both the user name and the qualified domain name of the mail server, use chached mode.
click on next and it says it cannot connect to the exchange server.

Not sure where or how to go about this one. Any help is much appreciated!!!!

you can select to work offline but it is not checked

I think it might be the computer where outlook is installed, when I tried to create his account via SSL VPN in another computer, I was able to do it no problem.
The thing is I am not sure what could it be blocking it. The Windows firewall is completly down.

I figured it out!!

I added this to the Hosts file 192.x.x.x myservername.mydomain.local and thatht did the trick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back