Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook2007 missing finder.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen Piller

Programmer
Jun 30, 2005
NL
Hi,

I noticed Outlook2007 is missing the handy finder.exe which is part of Outlook2003. Anybody around to tell me which is the new version and if not availabl anymore is there a workaround could I still make use of this functionality?
Thanks for replying,
Jockey(2)

Are you trying to use Finder programmatically from VFP? I didn't think that was possible.

If you are just interested in using Finder interactively, you might try posting your question in a forum devoted to Outlook or Office.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Mike,
my coding for using finder:
Code:
LOCAL lcFile, lcAction
Declare Integer ShellExecute ;
	IN SHELL32.Dll ;
	INTEGER nWinHandle,;
	STRING cAction,;
	STRING cFile_Name,;
	STRING cParameters,;
	STRING cDirectory,;
	INTEGER nShowWindow
If !File("C:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Finder.exe")
	lcFile = Getfile("exe","Finder.exe","OK",1,"Locate for Finder.exe" )
ELSE
	lcFile = "C:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Finder.exe"
endif

lcAction = "open"

ShellExecute(0,lcAction,lcFile ,"","",1)
Since this is using ShellExecute, I believed this is the appropriate section to post. Anyhow this thing obviously does not work when Office2007 is installed since there is no finder anymore. Remains my question do we know of the same utility for Office2007 and so what is it called?

Regards,
Jockey(2)

perhaps C:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Finder.exe ?

Sorry, could not resist, but that would be the obvious new location of Finder.exe.

The find functionality still exists in Office 2007. I wonder if they would have changed finder.exe to some dll or included it in Outlook.exe.

You may try

Code:
o = createobject("Outlook.Application")
o.AdvancedSearch(...)

see
Bye, Olaf.

Olaf,

Seems I have installed a thrifty version of Outlook2007 on my laptop, No Finder. Will try the createobject and reinstall my Outlook and report back DayAfterTomorrow. Thanks for replying,

Jockey(2)

Olaf,

finder is not with Outlook2007 anymore - I have reinstalled everything: no Finder.exe. To create an object and use advancedSearch would be an option, however in order to avoid a lot of coding(reinvert the wheel), I prefer to use an inbuilt option from Outlook, however havent found the solution yet. Will keep looking around and eventually report back in case I found the answer.
Thanks sofar,
Jockey(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back