Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook2000 Calendar Reminders keep popping up

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoeythecat

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
Hi All,

I have an end user who has outlook2000. Past reminders are popping up all over the place. There are aboug 40 of these reminder events from the past. She said it started happening when she changed a date or something. I tried running the command outlook /cleanreminders but this did not fix.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Zoey

Do you mean Dismissing the reminders? yes, they keep popping up. The problem appears to be a bug in outlook2000 (before SP3). This end user has SP1. I may update her to SP3 to see if this resolves the issue. I know it is a problem with outlook2000 because if I connect to her mailbox from outlook2002 or outlook2003 the reminders do not pop up

She said it started happening when she changed a date or something.

The date she changed wasn't in her regional setting was it? Have you checked the date on her workstation? If she changed the date and inadvertently put in the wrong year, monthl, or day, you're going to have past reminders show up.

You say it works fine with OL2K2 and OL2K3 but were they run from the end user's workstation?

Cheers.

Thanks for your reply,

I checked the Regional settings and they were fine.

No, the OL2K2 and OL2k3 was run from a different workstation. This should not matter. Yes I did have another workstation that had Outlook2000 with SP1 and had the same issues with the calendar events popping up. I plan on pushing her (with assistance from my manager) to upgrade.

I will first try updating outlook2000 to SP3 and post back to let you know if this resolved

Just an update on this.

I was wrong that outlook2003 resolved this. It just took a little longer for the reminders to popup (I didn't wait long enough). And yes, she did actually change the date on the workstation to October 17. As soon as she did this future reminders started popping up. We finally resolved it liks this:

(1) Turned clock back to October 17
(2) Dismissed all reminders that came up.
(3) Turn clock back to its normal date.

* Now all is good.

Thanks for all your replies and sorry for the misinformation I provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back