Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Just a quickie
Is it possible to reply to a msg including the attachment that was originally sent.

Yep I understand that, here's the issue if an attachment is recieved and needs to be edited then sent back to the sending party reply would be the easiest, if you forward you loose the sending parties address.

Yes, go to e-mail options and select attach original message when replying to a message.

In that case, save the file to disk (or hope to find it in the temp folder), reply to email and attach the modified (not the original) doc.

I think the answer must be No, kind of.

If you modify the incoming attachment, logically it isn't the original any more - as Zelandakh points out, attachments are normally opened in the temp folder, so any modifications you make will be reflected in that version. Even if you save the changes, the 'real' original will be unchanged.

You could cause yourself problems - if you modify/save the opened attachment in the temp folder, then re-open the mail and the attachemnt, you might trash the modified version. I think it's probably safer to save the attachment somewhere else, modify it then attach it to your reply - As suggested by Zelandakh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back