Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook xp takes long to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonhill

MIS
Dec 6, 2002
US
Okay this just started happening about 4 to 5 days ago.

When I open outlook xp on my xp machine the splash screen stays on top and outlook in inacessible for about 45 to 60 seconds.(that doesn't seem long but it is compared to earlier)

This started happening right before those 5 updates came out. They haven't fixed the problem. any suggestions?

Couple of things to try.

Open outlook, click HELP on the toolbar...DETECT/AND REPAIR..click it and follow the prompts,will need OFFICE CD.

GO to C:WINDOWS, look for the PREFETCH folder...open it and SELECT ALL.....then DELETE....Empty the RECYCLE BIN...OK to delete these files, will be replaced as you access your programs again,but sometimes they get corrupted.

reboot

coakerb,

Thanks. That helped alot. It seemed that my outlook didn't like using msmessenger. I think my wife upgraded that just as outlook started going bonkers. The fix for me was
'

Tools
options
other

Uncheck use msmessenger.

FANTASTIC - Cancelling using messenger worked for me too..! Thanks Guys....can give this laptop back to the user i hate now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back