Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock2447

MIS
Nov 5, 2002
US
We are using Microsoft Exchange 2000 for our internal email server. We are using Outlook 2002 (10.4712.4219) SP2. Myself and several of my coworkers and domain users are experiencing a very random issue with email notification. Whenever a new email comes in it doesn't display the email unless you click into another folder in your mailbox. They also don't get a notification even whenever the notifications are turned on. I have had 40 new emails in my box and never new until I clicked on another folder.

what are your offline settings at, for example does it perform a send/receive when it's offline. or when you click another folder, and it goes back online. THEN it does a send recieve letting you know you have mail?

Tools > options > Mail setup tab > send revieve.

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

now what? My email started doing it again today for no reason at all.

sorry, i have no other ideas.

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

I have the same thing happening, I have Office 2000 SR1 on a Win2k machine and have to click off onto another folder all the time. Tried to create a new profile, tried to de-install and re-install. Problem is still present and annoying.

What OS do you have?

I'm running Microsoft XP Pro SP1 but all my other users with the problem are either Windows 2000 SP3 SP2 or running on a Windows 2000 Server w/ Citrix MetaFrame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back