Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook XP not allowing login

Status
Not open for further replies.

jldipert

Technical User
Sep 10, 2003
US
My machine has been functioning flawlessly for quite some time until today. The machine is running a 2.0Ghz Celeron CPU, 512Mb RAM, XP professional and Office XP. All of a sudden I'm getting the following error:

Task 'yahoo - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: ??' When trying to login into Yahoo.

When I go to mail.yahoo.com and login everything works fine. I've checked the username nad password under Accounts in Outlook and all looks correct but when I attempt a test e-mail it fails. When I start Outlook I get prompted for a network login and my username and/or password is rejected. I have changed nothing and am the only user of the machine. I've ran out of things to check. Sure would appreciate any ideas. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back