Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook XP emails not showing in inbox until clicking another folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itdamon

MIS
Mar 18, 2002
US
This is the goofiest thing I've ever seen...

I've got a user here running the corporate edition of Office XP Professional and she does not see any new messages in her Outlook client until she clicks on another folder.

I'm sitting at her desk looking at her inbox and when I send a test message to her it never shows up. Then if I click her 'deleted items' folder it magically 'appears' in that folder and then when I click back into her inbox it is there.

The user was complaining that she was missing important messages. I've checked and double checked all her mail options and don't have a clue. The only things that have changed/different are:

1.) We migrated from Exchange Server 2000 to 2003 a few weeks ago. (but no other users are experiencing this issue)

2.) She is the only one that I know of using an install from this corporate edition CD. All the rest of the PCs had Office preloaded.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

I'd do a detect & repair on Outlook, but only if I couldn't upgrade her to Outlook 2003 (which you have the CALs for if you have Exchange CALs).

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Sweet! This forum and all you guys rock!

That KB article described my problem exactly, and when I checked the Windows Firewall... what do ya know, it was on and it was blocking the UDP packets Outlook uses.

So that was the fix, but I completely forgot about the Outlook 2003 CALs that we purchased with Exchange 2003. Upgrading to Outlook 2003 was the best solution. Great... now I suppose I should walk around this office and install the new client on about 60 machines... lol.

Thank You!!!!
-Damon

You could create a GPO to push it out.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back