Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook XP contacts recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

baracuda

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
US
Help! I accidently deleted a distribution list in Outlook 2002 and can't get the names/addresses back. I ran the MS Inbox Repair Tool for recovery of PST files but it didn't work. I have also tried a couple of freeware apps that haven't worked. I even tried a system restore to a point a few hours before the deletion. Nothing is working. The list contained hundreds of contacts. I welcome any suggestions!

When you deleted the list it didn't move to the Deleted Items folder? If its not there try selecting the Deleted Items icon, then click Tools and then Recover Deleted Items.

Joey
A+, MCP

My understanding is that the contacts folder is treated differently than the others and therefore the deletions from contacts does not go into the deleted items folder. I did check out your suggestion and couldn't find "recover deleted items" under tools (or any where else). Thanks for the input.

that sounds cool - but does this provide some level of recovery on a standalone Outlook client?

I had the same question - I saw the registry fix in MS/KB but didn't think it applied to a stand alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back