Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook XP and OWA email Signature question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmonti

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2003
US
Hi,
I have a question about email signatures. In my company we use Outlok Web access for about 80% of our users and the rest use Outlook XP.

I have created a signature which is attached to my emails automatically. The signature is a few lines long (ex. name, the company name, then job title). When I send an email to someone with Outlook XP it looks fine, but when I send and email to a user who accesses their email through Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2000) there are additional blank lines added into the signature (ex. name, blank line, company, blank line, job title, blank line).

Anyone have an idea?

-Monti

Do you use HTML or rich text as you email editor?

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

Hi,
I use HTML as my editor.

-Monti

Can you change this to plain or rich text as a test or would this cause you problems?
U can change it back afterwards.

I could change it, no problem. I created the signature in Word then cut and pasted it when I created the signature in Outlook. I thought it might be an html issue. I really do not wnat to use rich text because I email alot of people outside my company.

-Monti

Hi,
After doing some more research I have found that the only way to resolve this is to use rich text format, However I have seen this as a work around:
In Outlook > Highlight rows of text> Choose menu Format > paragraphs, then
click Space before and space after paragraph and select 0 pt for each.

I am not sure where you can do this from, probably the signature editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back