Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook XP and Hotmail account - Sent Items saved in Local Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroka

MIS
Oct 11, 2001
IL
Hi,
After installing Windows XP I went on to install Office XP. As I don't like to read me Hotmail account off the web (using IE) I decided to use the Outllok option to connect to these HTTP email accounts, though this time not by Outlook Express, but by the rather more advanced Outlook XP.
Well, turns out that while the synch from my account to my Outlook works great - when I am sending New email or when I reply to a Hotmail email with my Outllok, the sent emails get saved in the Sent Items folder of my Local Folder (i.e. my POP3 folder) and NOT in the relevant Hotmail account (and this is worsened by the fact that I have three Hotmail accounts!).
How can I reply or send a new email from my Outlook and have it saved either on the Hotmail account (get a copy to be saved in my web-side of my account) or at least, get the sent item be saved in the right Sent Items folder - and I mean the Hotmail account as it is saved locally on my HD?...
I'll try again:
I have one POP3 foolder and 3 HTTP Hotmail accounts. Each have its own Sent Items folder. But when I use the Outlook to send a message out is it not saved in the correct Hotmail folder and it is not copied to the Sent Items on-line. It all goes and gets saved with my outgoing emails in the Sent Items folder in my POP3 account.
Can anyone offer a workaround?
Eroka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back