Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Wont Send report from Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

philcon

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
GB
Hi all,

Having a little trouble on one machine with an issue which doesnt arise on others.

I have a report which I want to (using VBA) e-mail directly after editing the message text.

Works fine on one machine, but on another, the Email edit window opens up with the report file attached, and a banner which says "this message has not been sent".

However, when I try and press send nothing happens, my only option (although the menus are available) is to close the message window down, whence I get a msgbox telling me the sendobject command was cancelled.

Is there an outlook setting that I need to tweak to allow it to send from other applications ?

Hope you can help chums

sendobject line is :

DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName, "Rich Text Format", "emma.russell@stopgap.co.uk", , , "Direct Technique Invoice to ",, False

Kind regards

Philcon

You might want to check Outlooks security settings for the two machines and see if they differ. That's what it sounds like to me.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back