Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook - Unread email count incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinwho

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2008
US
In Outlook 2003, the number of unread emails that are listed in the navigation pane is different from the number of unread emails listed in the inbox. It seems that it is off by 2. Is there a solution for this issue?

Off by two which way? If there are 2 less emails showing in your inbox than in the navigation pane do you have any filters applied?

Cheers.

Are you sure that you do not see any additional bolded messages you have not checked out yet? Also be sure you are not "hiding" pervious weeks or months of past mail.

A+, Network +, MCP, Security +

Do you have any other folders with unread emails in them? This would include any items moved to the Deleted folder without being read.

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked and there are no rules, no folders with unread mail like the junk mail folder. The Inbox is the one with the lower number.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks.

You checked for rules and folders but did you check for filters? Make sure that your current view is set for "Messages" (view ->arrange by ->current view ->messages) and also make sure that there are no filters on that view (view ->arrange by ->current view ->define views).

Cheers.

I tried that and it didnt work cmeagan656.

I fixed this by using the outlook web access, logged on as user moved the files from inbox to draft folder told user to send/receive this fixed the coount and is now working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back