Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook unable to send on behalf of

Status
Not open for further replies.

deebaglee

Technical User
May 16, 2003
GB
hi
a user is unable to reply or send emails as a delegate, they are set up with the correct delegate permissions.
all other users are able to use this feature. I can send on behalf of that user.

You're able to send it for them from your computer then? What are you going through? A POP3? If that's the case check the outgoing server and make sure it's typed correctly. What error do they get if any when trying to send?

Hi thanks for replying
the user in question gets the error message "you do not have permission to send on behalf of the specified user"
when they try to reply or send a message.

Sorry i am not able to send it for the user from another pc but I meant that if i am added as a delegate to the user in questions account, i can reply and send mail.

hi I still have this problem
we even deleted the user account and created it again, we did however copy the exchange profile for the user using exmerge could it be related to this (the exchange profile for the user)

I am having this same exact issue right now with my users. Did you ever find an answer to the issue?
I would really like to know.

You can go to tools/options/ delegates and add delegates and give permissions for whatever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back