Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OUTLOOK- turn of reminders in a specific calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wotgoesup

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2002
US
Our group shares a conference call line.
To avoid having to ask around to find out if it's being used at a specific time, I set up a Public Folder calendar, and added each group member as an author. Each of us then added a rule to our Outlook so that when we create a meeting using the conference #, a copy is written to the shared calendar. Then all we need to do is check that calendar to find out if the # is being used. So far so good; but now, if a group member sets up a call for himself and 4 "outsiders" with a reminder, ALL group members are getting the popup reminder even though they are not part of the meeting.
I'm assuming that the original invite will send a reminder to those actually invited, so I think I just need to turn off reminders for all meetings in the shared calendar.
The question is HOW? [ponder]

You don't mention what version of Outlook you use, but this will work in 2003. Maybe you can find similar options in other versions.

Select Tools > Options, click the Other tab, Advanced Options, and click the Reminder options button at the bottom. In here you have the ability to select your reminder preferences. I found that you have to turn off the Reminder Sound before deselecting the Display Reminder, or the option becomes unavailable.

Sawedoff

Thanks, Sawedoff.
I'm running 2003. The problem is that the option you suggested applies to all calendars, so when I turn off the reminders in the shared calendar, it also affects my regular calendar. I want the reminders to popup in my calendar (where all conf calls include me), but to turn them off in the shared calendar (where conf calls are for group members, but not necessarily me)
Any ideas?
Thanks, Andy
[pc]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back