Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Today Script Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsnrub

Programmer
Mar 6, 2002
AU
Hello all,
Some months ago I had a Windows NT workstation with Outlook 2002 appear with a script error when loading the Outlook Today page:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 298
Char: 1
Error: Class not registered
Code: 0
URL: Outlook Today
Do you want to keep running scripts on this page?

I followed the MS Knowledgebase article at:
which discusses replacing DLLs, without success. The strange thing is that the error was appearing only on 1 user account. Not all of them - if it was a DLL problem I would be inclined to think that it would be happening to all users. Eventually I resolved this by setting the properties of the Outlook Today screen to not show the Outlook Today HTML page, but just to show a blank screen.

This was the only instance I had had of this problem until yesterday when a Terminal Server (Windows Server 2003) user account running Outlook 2003 had the same problem. Again, this was only happening to the one account. I again resolved it by removing the default Outlook Today HTML page from the properties of the Outlook Today screen.

This solution is not ideal as a number of our users like the facilities available on the Outlook Today page. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before and can maybe shed some light on the cause of this problem?

I am having the same problem, but only with some of our machines. We are running XP with outlook 2003. Did you happen to resolve the issue? Also, how did you set the properties of the Outlook Today screen to not show the Outlook Today HTML page?
Thanks

Our problems have only been on the two machines as well. I have not yet resolved the issue, except for the workaround of removing the HTML page from Outlook Today.
To remove the page from showing in Outlook Today, right-click on the Outlook Today folder and choose 'Properties'. At the properties window, choose the 'Home Page' tab. Simply delete the filepath out of the 'Address' field and press 'OK'.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back