Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook thick client causes problems with Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

rejackson

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2005
US
We are having a lot of problems with the Avaya Outlook client. On different pc's it hangs Outlook, makes it abort, the add-in gets disabled by Outlook as dangerous, or it get hung in a abort/retart loop. Other PCs work fine. I don't see anyone else reporting these kinds of problems and I am mystified why not, or why me. This has been going on long enough that we have tried 3 clients.

Is anyone else seeing this? We have a mix of XP and Windows 7 32 and 64 bit with Outlook 2010. Most but not all of the problems are with the windows 7 boxes.

MM 5.2 SP9 patch 3. Avaya MSS for message store. Lastest outlook thick client 9.2.484.006.

This software update can be used with any of the following 32-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook:

Outlook 2010
Outlook 2007 SP2
Outlook 2003 SP2 or SP3
This software update can be used on computers running any of the following operating systems:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional with SP2 or SP3
Microsoft Windows XP Professional N with SP3
Microsoft Vista (32 bit) Business Edition with SP1
Microsoft Vista (32 bit) Enterprise Edition with SP1
Microsoft Windows 7 (32 bit) Enterprise Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 (64 bit) Enterprise Edition

I hope you meant the latest client build 9.2.484.9006 (did have the last 9 in your message). As long as you are running 32bit Office it should function fine. The MM client is not supported for use with Office versions that are 64bit. Check or confirm you are running 32bit Office versions on the machines you are having trouble with the MM client on.

Thanks texeric. The download is .9006 but the client installs as .006 if you look at it in the add remove programs support info. The player says .9006.

The problem must be a conflict with some other add-ins but we cannot figure out what. Is anyone running CRM in Outlook with the Avaya client?

I have screen shots but cannot figure out how to link them in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back