Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook - The MAPI spooler could not be started 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJWheezyWeez

Technical User
Jun 5, 2008
US
When trying to send an attachment from another program (adobe acrobat/excel/word), I get the error:

The mapi spooler could not be started. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications. MAPI 1.0 (000004C7)

I've done an Office repair, deleted all mail profiles and recreated them, uninstalled Office and reinstalled then made a new profile again but no luck fixing this. I did some Googleing but I found very little on this error and nothing that helped.

Any thoughts?

-DJWW

Take a look here
Looks like it might be covering your issue? Although you have uninstalled and re-installed Office it won't have cleanly removed all and replaced, particulalry where registry entries are concerned, so it might be worth replacing just the file in question over your current install.

I used to have a handle on life... but it broke. Cpt. Red Bull

I finally fixed the issue!

I tried doing a repair of Office, uninstalling and reinstalling Office, uninstalling Office then installing Groupwise (our previous email client) then installing Office but no luck. I seemed to change the errors every time but eventually I got the error "Cannot load the mail service. Check your mail installation".

In C:\WINDOWS\system32, I ended up renaming mapi32.dll to mapi32.dll.old and running fixmapi.exe found in the same folder. This created a new mapi32.dll file and fixed the issue.

Hopefully someone else finds this useful.

-DJWW

Good job on posting the fix...will no doubt help others out.

I used to have a handle on life... but it broke. Cpt. Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back