Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook template - blank when sent - help with coding too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dollar

Technical User
Oct 5, 2000
GB
Hi

I've been asked to create a template and I've gone past the various stages of controls etc, but have a few questions that can hopefully be answered around here ^^

1: If I save the template and send to myself/someone else - it does not contain any of the drop-down lists or controls I've put on it (a simple date picker, a few combo boxes and two additional text input areas was all). It comes out with just sender/recipient and a rather large message area - most of which was replaced by the controls in the template view. If I open the template I get an error saying controls have been disabled (it's the calendar control too)

2: I need to somehow add in coded for two controls that if the two are the same value, then the user must be prompted to change one of the values.

3: Once 1 & 2 have been worked out, I need to add a toolbar button that will pick this form up when using the Forward: option

4: <nice to have> The original forms will all have an attachment. They would "like" this attachment to be "moved" to a specific area of the form from the message portion after clicking forward.

Any (absolutely any) help will be appreciated. If I'm in the wrong forum area, please let me know.

Thanks
Dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back