Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook shows unwanted details in emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwunder

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have Outlook 2003. As a member of a web based forum, I have settings in place for email notifications to be sent to me if anyone replies to a thread I am subscribed to.

When I used to receive these notifications, I simply got a short message like :-

"hello, you have received a reply to x thread. please click on the link below to view the reply." (followed by a single line URL)

Recently, I had to reinstall my OS and all my applications, one of which was Outlook 2003.
Since then, when I received a reply notification, I get loads of useless info at the start of the message, like:-

X-Apparently-To
X-Originating-IP
X-Priority
etc etc etc

Is there a setting in Outlook that can prevent all the excess information from being displayed ?

Cheers

Thank you smah,
This is where my lack of knowledge in this area shows, as I thought it was a possibility that it may have been something to do with internet settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back