Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook shows a certificate error using Yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgassner2

Technical User
Sep 19, 2003
US
Hello everyone.
I have ran into a bit of an annoyance. I had to go to a customers location today to fix an email problem with Outlook 2003 and Outlook XP. They were able to receive email but not send. I got that problem squared away by changing their outgoing servers to Yahoo's new one. However, this error message pops up every time you start up Outlook:

I have been told that by changing the outgoing server to smtp.att.yahoo.com from the new one, plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com, would remove it. I didn't get any luck by doing that. I have updated Outlook 2003 to the latest service pack to try and rule out any of that. I have done some searching and came up with some things for an Exchange server but nothing for webmail. Has anyone seen this? If so please let me know. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back