Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook sharing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyd

Technical User
Dec 6, 2001
GB
I have a situation where I utilize the outlook address/contacts Groups feature a lot. I need to share that information with other employees and be able to download the book with the groups intact. We use this for knowing who to contact for different commodities. When I have downloaded the information and then want to upload it into another computer, the group names appear, but they are empty. It is a large book and creates a lot of wasted time for each individual to have to recreate the group..... What am I doing wrong?
Cyd

Click on the contacts folder. File-Import and Export-Export to a PST. Go to other PC, same thing but Import a PST.

Are you just copying the PST or what? I assume you use IMO (internet mail only) and not MS Exchange Server?
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

hello,

in microsoft outlook 2000, you can share calenders or contacts...but you must not use the IMO (internet mail onlY) and choose the second options when picking i think corporate only or something like that. Afterware in the file, you will see something like sharing, where you can share calenders...it will send updates on certain time to updated each other's calender.

hui

Hi,

Cyd are you using net folders to share contacts? I seem to be having the same problem. I make the folder shared, but when it sends the folder it is empty and no updates seem to be sent. I've been on Microsofts website and have tried all their trouble shooting and still can't get it to work.

You didn't say if your're using Exchange or not. If you're using Exchange, just put the contacts in a public folder and set the permissions on it.

Tom J

If you are using Exchange, just share the folder to the relevant people - no public folder required.

I don't know about cyd, but I don't have Exchange. That's why I was trying to use net folders. So please reply if you are familar with net folders.

Look, I assume you guys have read these, but I'll put them anyway, just in case.

If these don't help, email me at techsupportgirl@home.com on a weekday between 7:30 am and 4:30 pm EST and I'll see if I can get more info. Problem is: I get to work and forget about the stuff I see when I come home at night! Sorry, but the email reminder for me will help me remember.

techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back