Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook - Sending Mail On Behalf Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle76

Technical User
Jan 8, 2004
GB
Hi All,

I'm running Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2003.

I've set up a mailbox for a job in here, which only certain members of a specified group get access to.

In Outlook, they have their own mailbox open in the Folder List. They also have the mailbox tree for this additional job related mailbox open in their folder list as well.

All email to this job related mailbox goes to the inbox of this mailbox which the guys can see - great.

The reason I've done it this way rather than a public folder is because all mail leaving our organisation must be from this email address rather than their own.

So when one of the guys fires up a Send New Message window, they select the job mailbox in the From field, hits send and away it goes.

Everything works a treat except this next bit....

I want the sent mail to appear in the sent items of the job mailbox. I don't want it to appear in the sent items of their own mailbox (which it currently does).

I see that on examining the sent items, it says "From <Username> On Behalf Of <Job Mailbox Name>".

I just want it to be sent from the mailbox. No on behalf of's or anything?

Any ideas anyone? I can't think of a way!

Regards,
Colin Anderson
System Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back