Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook security message using maintenance software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacim

Technical User
Sep 5, 2002
US
Running exchange Server 5.5, service pack 4
We are using a module in a Maintenance Management Software package called MP2 messenger that is designed to automatically send email notifications to anyone that has been set up to submit work requests via a web page on our local network. For example, when a work request has been deleted, the user will get an email with a brief discription and comment. The pc I had MP2 messenger running on 24/7 was replaced with a new one. Now when a work request is deleted, I get a message: A program is automatically trying to send an e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, this may be a virus and you should choose no"
I asked our IT guy about this issue, unfortunately he can't remember how he got it to work before and doen't seem too interested in persuing it again.
I have talked to our CMMS support tech. and was told this was an OS issue rather than their software issue.
Seems to me that if you can give specific addresses or individuals permission to download or upload through antivirus or spyware software, you should be able to give microsoft exchange the same capability for certain logon profiles. Sorry, I didn't know how to shorten this question.
Thanks.

Might want to try posting in the Exchange 5.5 forum, this is the Exchange 2000 forum.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Google for "Express ClickYes" for a seperate program that will click the yes button for you...ever since that Outlook "Security" update you cannot script an e-mail.

AlexIT
Thanks for your help, I'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back