Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Redirect / Forward rule no longer works outbound to the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueManOp

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2002
US
Problem: Users that have an Outlook rule (Outlook 98 / 2k / XP) stating:
“Apply this rule after the message arrives where my name is in the TO box, redirect it to <blank@blank.com>”.
The blank field is an SMTP Internet mail account out on the Internet that could be anywhere, like a hotmail account. This rule used to work but no longer does. Users can however still send and receive mail to all parties inside and outside the company.

Environment: We are running Exchange 5.5 latest services packs. We recently upgraded our NT4.0 domain to windows 2000 mix mode server environment. No other changes were made.

I suspect that this is DNS related but I am not sure how users can still send messages to people outside but the rule can not. Any information would be appreciated.

The default setup from most server networks is NOT to let mail be forwarded or redirected out of the network. your upgrade probally changed these back to the default settings.

? *Remember.......
If you don't use your head,
your going to have to use your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back