Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook "to" field issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

travtech

MIS
Jun 11, 2003
US
I am thinking there must be some command prompt that I can do to clear this issue up. Whenever this user types a partial name into the To field and hits Alt + K to resolve the name, it does something like this every time: "Smith, Joe; joe" then tries to search for every Joe in the company address catalog. This user has had this happen before and after a re-image of her PC so thinking it is probably something on the Exchange server that is funny and not a client issue. Is there some command line you can run like the one you can for the clear free\busy?

as i recall, the keyboard command to check names is Ctrl+k, not Alt+k. does that change this user's email client behavior?

You are right, Alt + K but Ctrl + K for some reason does it too. Either way it still does the same thing.

travtech, have u looked at what address lists this outlook client is set to check when resolving names using ctrl-K? maybe that's part of the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back