Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook -"logon info incorrect..." after Install of XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2002
US
Last week I upgraded a user's machine from W2K Pro to XP Pro leaving it in FAT32. This week my assistant updated the file system to NTFS. (Not sure how). Now user's Outlook cannot connect to Exchange Server. After typing in uid, pw, and domain, there is a long pause then the following error...
"Your logon information was incorrect. Check... etc"

I can establish the user's email account on a diffrent machine. I can not however establish ANY email (including my own) account on the error giving machine, the same error appears.

We have unistalled and reinstalled Office XP Pro, but account information remained intact I.E. I did not have to set up a "New Email Account".

Read the earlier string regarding Outlook and VPN which sounds very simular ( thread605-454233 ), but cannot roll back registery with old, that I'm aware of, due to upgrade of OS.

Thoughts? Bob C. I/T Department WYSAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back