Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook question on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deskey

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
US
I was wondering if their is a way to use BCC when you email out. I'm used to using the BCC option, rather than the CC option when emailing people. I looked on the "View" menu and "Insert" menu, but know BCC to add. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For Outlook 2000 & 20002, open a new mail message, then BCC will be available under view.

When you are in the email message, click To. Select the name you would like to send to and then click Bcc. The name will be added to the list on the right, and when you close that window, you should now see the entire Bcc field in your email.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help guys! Blah, I tried what you said, but after I started a new message and went to "View" there was no BCC option. BladeBoy, thanks for your advice. I don't know why the obvious didn't hit me (hit TO and manually add the addressees). I guess i'm so used to Outlook on Windows 2000 Pro, where the BCC is already there, right under the CC addressees. Thanks again guys.

Aha, it took a little looking, but I figured out why you have no BCC under view in a new mail message. You're using Word as your e-mail editor. For some reason, BCC isn't under view if you use word as your e-mail editor. Don't know why, but that's the way it is.

If you're using the same version as me, when you're using Word as your email editor, you can still get the bcc field to display every time, but clicking Options -> bcc. It'll then leave the bcc field on screen by default

While addressing, double-click on "CC" and a window opens where you can select "BCC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back