Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsari

Programmer
Mar 28, 2004
GB
Hi, im part of a large company who have just changed to exchange 2007 from lotus notes.
I am a complete novice with regards to supporting users of outlook.
At the minute, if user had a previous email account they can log on using single sign-on. Ie on first setup they click through the auto configuration wizard and it takes their network account details and connections no probs to the exchange server etc

I have a few queries
1/ Say user A used to view a group email account but does not have their own individual email account. How can they view this account now? The group email account does not have an assoicated network account so they can't log in as this and let the auto configuration wizard take over..Is this possible?
2/ What's the best way to grant user A access to user B's calendar - is there a few ways to do this? and also is there a way to do this from the server? if for example user B has gone off sick and user A needs access
3/ Can you put an out of office message on someone else's mail account from server
3/ Any tips/links to supporting users - I work for a large company who have just switched over - and the helpdesk is inundated!

Many Thanks [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back