Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook.pst relocation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hr

Technical User
Nov 11, 2000
CH
Hello
I would like to relocate my outlook.pst to a other disk, do I have to manage that just my changing registry entry or this there a more smarter way?
hr

Perhaps I'm simplifying this too much, but if you want to move it, just copy and paste it to the new location and then, in Outlook, reference it to the new location. Why would you want to change the registry?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.
- Anonymous

I'm not at all sure you can move the default pst but you can, of course, easily work with other psts which you can locate wherever you wish.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

What version Outlook?

In 2002, with Outlook closed, copy the file to where you want it and then use File / Data File Management / Settings to specify the folder location.

Regards
Ken..............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]
---------------- Click here to help the tsunami victims ----------------

I stand corrected, Ken. Have a star!

I closed Outlook (2K3), moved my pst and restarted Outlook and was prompted for the location. Couldn't (and didn't need to) change anything in Data Files though.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

hi guys

thank you all for the replys, I could manage it

hr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back