Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Profile Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer02

MIS
Aug 13, 2005
US
Hello Everyone,

I have one question I would like to ask you guys for help.

I have corrupted Outlook Profile that won't allow me to Send and Receive email from POP3 configured in Outlook 2003 although I have the right user name and password. So, I decided to delete this profile named Outlook (by default when you add new email to outlook) and added another profile named Mobile. After I created the new profile, I was able to check my email and send email. However, I can't find my old email from the Outlook profile anymore. Any idea how I can recover this data? Note that I did not deletle the outlook.pst file, I just delete the profile from Mail in Control Pannel. Thanks.

Toan Pham

if you still have the outlook.pst file, just add it using File->Data file management
Copy all to your new profile(pst) and then close/delete the old one.
Backup your new one with outlook shut.

Thanks for your reply. Well, the problem is that when I tried to find the outlook.pst file under Aplication Data, it looked like that the new profile has the outlook.pst file there with the new one, not the old one. Where can I file the old data file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back