Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Profile creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

marig

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2002
US
Anyone have an easy way to create Outlook Profiles on XP workstations? Without having to log in as the user??? We use Exhange 5.5 on NT4.

I have tried working with profgen and newprof tools but find the documentation lacking.

I found a great tool called richprofile - but you still have to log in as the user on an XP workstation.

I have two reasons for this request.
1) When I set up a new machine for someone, I don't want to have to ask them for their password in order to set up Outlook for them. I also don't want to give them step-by-step instructions either.

2) People switch seats on a whim [their office too cold a certain day, they need an office with a door, etc] and when that happens we have to go to the machine and set up the Outlook profile.

I DON'T use roaming profiles since we have a mixture of win95, win98, w2k, and xp and my tests early on never worked.

I want anyone to sit down at any seat and be able to create their outlook profile with a click of a button.

suggestions?

Use the custom installation wizard from the Office XP Resource kit and create a PRF file that can be ran from an intranet server or a simple shortcut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back