Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncharlemagne

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2003
GB
I have a problem where when some users go to print within Outlook they get a message sayint "printer not installed" but when they print from outside outlook its fine, closing and restarting outlook sometimes clears the problem , and sometimes they have to completly reboot their machines to clear this.
Has anyone experiamced this before, or have any ideas as to sort this problem.

Thanks

Try deleting the printer and reinstalling again.
Also update the printer drivers.

MP

That same problem happens to me pretty much every day. Closing Outlook, waiting a minute, and restarting clears it 95% of the time. Occasionally I have to go so far as a reboot but not often. Don't bother reinstalling the printer. I've tried that several times and no help there.

I enjoyed temporary relief from the problem (a few months) by using the Help|Detect and Repair function in Office 2000/Outlook 2000. Plan to give up your PC from 5 to 30 minutes for this to run and make sure you have everything else closed first. I haven't taken the time to run this recently but I'm confident that it will solve the problem for a while when I do. Give it a try.

Cheers.
There are 2 secrets to success. 1: Don't tell them everything you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back