Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Personal Folder to Exchange folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffbobst

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2003
US
I just installed an Exchange server (2000). We have been using Outlook for quite some time, but we have been using the .pst or personal folder method, on each individual workstation. Could anyone help me with some advice on how to transition the local information on Outlook to the exchange profiles? Now that we have configured the oulook profiles with exchange, we want to have all information stored on the exchange server, and not the local workstations.

Thanks.
Jeff

You can import those .pst files relatively easily.

Set up and log in using the exchange profile first. In outlook, click File, and choose import and export. Select Import from another program or file and click next. One of your options will be Personal Folders File (.pst). Choose that, browse to your .pst file, and import. It'll bring in folder structures and everything.

Marc Creviere

I did this on mine and it kept the pst folder as well after the import.
Had to delete the pst folder then from control panel-mail as everything was duplicated and some users were putting things in the obsolete pst folder instaed of the exchange store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back