Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Outof Office Rule question. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

g1knj99

Technical User
Jun 18, 2003
US
I have a user going on an exteneded leave. He wants to be able to have the rule active and take messages from certain senders (a specific listserv) and have them moved to his Outlook archive so he can review them upon his return. He isn't willing to leave his machine logged on and have Outlook running. Is there ANY way to do this, I have tried on my own account and have had zero success.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have or even a work around?

You can't move mail to a .pst file unless Outlook is running, since that's what accesses the .pst file.

And we won't go into why .pst files in an Exchange environment is a bad idea.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Pretty much what I knew all along, but have been asked to come up with something.

can you give him a little more space on the exchange server and let him move it to a folder. Then when they get back they can put it in their PST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back