Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook on win2k pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakeyes

Programmer
Oct 26, 2000
AE
Just little question,
When if i want to configure outlook on Windows Professional so that it is served by Exchange, at the first box that pops first time i click on outlook, it gives some options, should i select Outlook? or should Exchange be listed there? if yes, then, why did not i see it on the win2k pro...

Hope you understand what i mean. Thanks for the help The Smart Ant

Well, you should see Exchange if you need to connect to an Exchange server but only the first time you ran Outlook. This is normal behaviour on Win2k.

Alright, but what if i want to rest everything so that when i run outlook it prompts for the first confguration wizrd that i see, just as if i run oulook for the first time. The Smart Ant

Open up Exchange, go to tools, Options, mail services (or servers, it's the second tab on the left). Go to the bottom and select, "Rconfigure Mail Support". When you restart outlook it will allow you to add the Exchange component that you are missing. Once that's done, you can then address an exchange based profile.

Oh, thanks a lot for the help. I tried it on my home computer and it works, i'll try it on the project i am doing, and i hope i will not face any problems. Thanks again. The Smart Ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back