Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook on 2 Pc's

Status
Not open for further replies.

dccs

MIS
Aug 22, 2003
CH
When running the same mailbox on 2 PC's there is a time delay between the PC's
on one pc the mail arrives directly, but on the other there must be a switch of folders or send/receive must be pushed;
Both Pc's have the same configuration with NO local firewall enabled.
Cables between the Pc's haven been switched, the problem PC has been changed with an other one, but on both occasion the problem stays
Both PC's are running Outlook 2002 and are connected to the same Exchange 5.5 mailbox, with the same user account
any ideas ?? Thanks

We sometimes get a computer that thinks it's offline and requires a send/receive to get the mail.

I had a simillar problem,I suggest that you try and create another outlook profile first, if that doesnt work, then re install outlook, and if that doesn't work, create a new windows profile, one of those should work, let me know how it goes

UD

The Pc that had the problem has been replaced by a brand new one. The same outlook profile is used on both PC's.
Altough everithing points direction firewall, no firewall is implemented on the PC.

Does the 'delay' happen even with the first PC shutdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back