Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook mobile access is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

marzIT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2006
CA
I am having problems with our Treo phone trying to connect to the exchange server.

My OWA is working great with my SSL redirect. However I can't get my win mobile 5 clients to sync. I've tried everything.

When I attempt to sync I get...

Please correct your Exchange Server password.

Domain\username:
Domain\domain\myusername

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How are you attempting to sync? With the activesync? Outlook Mobile Access ( is entirely different than activesync. It is designed for small screen devices like non-phone PDAs and phone PDAs that don't support the AUTD or activesync.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Thing to note about Active Sync - Windows Mobile has very few root certificates installed so if your SSL cert is not from one of the 5 or so companies then the device won't trust your cert. If you issues your own cert then you can install the root cert from you Certificate Services on the device and it should work. If your cert is not from one of the few already installed then you're out of luck I think. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back