Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Mail Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cads

Technical User
Jan 17, 2000
GB
Just a simple one this.

My company has moved from Novell Groupwise to MS Outlook 2002. True to form they've just plopped it on desktops with little support / documentation. As I've been nominated in my dept (130+ people) as the first-line support person, I#m on a fairly steep learning curve to get to grips with it before the rest of the dept comes on-line in a few days!).

Having spent the past day trying to familiarise myself with the product, I find it frustrating that nowhere in the Help system, nor on various MS websites (Knowledgebase, Office, etc) is there a definitive list ( or any list at all!) explaining what the plethora of mailbox icons mean. It seems to be that Microsoft think their meaning are obvious (obviously an envelope icon is: it's just all the variations that tax the mind! [curved arrows, ticks-in-circles, crosses-in-circles,...).

Does anyone know where a glossary of the icons can be found?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back