Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Inbox corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lofisamuri

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
US
Ok, I'm back. Just your average guy thrust into office manager-tech support...

My boss has Outlook; but for the last several weeks he has had a problem. It all started with a SPAM email that became a reoccuring problem; as in he would delete the email and it would re-appear again. Long story short, he has had to increase his inbox to 70MB (which I think is crazy) on our server.

Now he is not receiving his emails again. His last email came in Monday of this week. He has cleared his inbox out, moved or deleted messages etc., to no avail.

Any ideas, tips, questions or suggestions??? If this was addressed in a previous post, please direct me as I missed it. Thanks.

Lofisamuri

First run Norton and some form of spyware on his machine. If you can find out what version of Exchange you are running that would be helpful. Talk to the Exchange Administrator about the problem. Does your boss use a personal folder (.pst)? If not then create one and move his email off of the server before his entire mailbox corrupts and you know who is to blame, YOU ARE. Get the from address for the spam and have the exchange guy block that address from sending email to the server.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back