Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook has problems connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all, I'm starting in this forum because his Outlook is running on his Mac. He's unable to get his email on a regular schedule. The mail shows up on his iPhone, and if he logs onto an XP workstation his email is there, but it won't show up in his Outlook 2011. I checked the Event Log on the server and his connection attempt errors state that "The account does not exist." The account DOES exist so the issue must be with how his Outlook is connecting to the server. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it? If so, please help me out on this.

Thanks,

Joe B

So is this his company email, or his personal email, like Gmail?? My guess is that his account setting need to be looked at in his Outlook. But in order to set them properly, first question is company or personal.

Oops! My apologies; I thought I included that info. He's connecting to an Exchange 2007 server.

Thanks,

Joe B

I would look at the acccount settings.. Outlook connecting to an Exchange server, should be a piece of cake. Make sure you can "ping" the ,machine, and just kind of follow your nose, especially if you know what is required on the server side.

Well, I'm not a Mac guy but all of the settings I can see are set correctly. I'll probably just delete and recreate his account and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Joe B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back