Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook hangs when closing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieB1

Technical User
Sep 24, 2004
GB
One of my clients outlook hangs when closing, she has to manually end task each time, but there are 3 other users on this PC and they dont have this problem. Is there a conflict between the amount of users? What can be done to resolve this?
They change their names in the mail box setting manually to convert through users, but its only one of the 3 users that gets this problem. Is it a registry ey issue?

What version of Outlook? Version of Exchange? Have you ran Detect and Repair?

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

outlook 2000
exchange 5.5 SP4
Its only the outlook that is being a pain, is detect and repair on outlook?

Yes go to Help -> Detect and Repair

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

I also forgot to ask what SP is Outlook on?

We are getting this issue on half of our Outlook 2000 clients after upgrading Exchange 2000 to 2003. Repair/reinstall did not work. What we have done is upgrade those who were having the issue to Outlook 2003 and it solved the issue, but created a problem within Word and the office assistant. Solved one, but created another.

What is the issue with Word and office assistant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back