Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook folder list in reverse order

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikecollett

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
NZ
hi
anybody know how to sort the folder list in outlook in reverse order?
ideally i would like to sort specific folders in reverse
reason being, i create a sub folder for each customer order and store ina and out emails. the folders name starts with the order number. currently i shift the folder back and forth between higher level folders (waiting for payment / paid need to complete / completed orders etc) to help keep the folders in a sensible order.
the problem appears when i have dropped an '1234order' folder into the 'completed' master folder, thinking the correspondence has ended, and another email comes in. i then have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the completed folders (it is split to number ranges, but the customer does not always use the order reference number in the email and i dont want to be anal about that) and it can take a while to find the correct folder. usually these emails are accolades and they are nice to keep.
if i could order those folders in reverse order, the current orders would always be at the top and i would not have to move them around at all, and would have an easier way to get at them programatically as well as manually.

btw, is there a way to colour individual folders in the folder list? (green for complete / red for needing to send, yellow for waiting on payment etc) that would be really really handy! especially if i could send that instruction from access to change colour.
cheers
mike

oops
i am using outlook 2k and acess 2k on a 98se system
cheers
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back