Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook File Migrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2003
CA
Hello all,
have read the fourms alot, and have helped my self as well as alot of others by what the fourm contains.
anyways,
my question is, we are running outlook 2000 as our primary e-mail client, with exchnage 2k with sp3 non-clustered servers. we are currently moving users and there data EXCEPT FOR PST files to a SAN(Storage Area Network) system
we have 6 servers that have users pst files on them still, my tasks is too create a script or scripts that will copy PST AND PAB files and automatically update outlook 2000 with out user intervention.
any body have any ideas or know of any resources that i might be able to lookup to help me with this ?
thank you very much in advance.
we have a very large enterprise network, we cannot afford to have user downtime, we are planning on doing it in phases, during non essential hours such as after 5pm, cannot do all the users as there is simply way to many.
thanks again

you should take a look at
This will allow you to set the outlook profiles with the new locations of pst & pab

I set ours to look in the user H:\exchange for the files which are based on $userid.pst $userisd.pab so no matter who logs on their files are accessible

Thanks jdeane, I have allready looked at that, but the only thing is that script logic has to be installed on a DC i do not know if the our Department wants that, as it is another peice of software that has to be managed, i think the program looks great, it could replace our roaming profiles and alot of other stuff that would make our lives so much eaiser, i just have to convince our dept , that that is they way to go, as well, i was reading over the license agreement, and it charges per user it looks like, i think this would be a potential huge cost, as we have a few thousand users, perahps i should e-mail me them and ask if they have corprate deals and such.

were we looking to create a scrip that would do this, i am looking for resources all over the net, we cannot be the only company that has run into the problem.

thank you very much again jdeane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back