Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegman

Programmer
Dec 17, 2003
US
I just switched from dial-up to cable. I have four email addresses through the cable service (one for me, the others for my kids). Is there a way to segregate all views for each account? In other words, I want to be able to access each email account but only see/access the email that was sent to that particular account. I don't want my kids to be able to see anyone elses email when they log on to theirs. I know how to set up the different accounts but whenever I go into Outlook all emails are displayed. I'm currently running ME with outlook express. I will soon be getting XP Pro with Office, if that makes a difference....

Thanks....

In XP, you can set up windows users accounts for each person using the computer, and it keeps all your settings separate. So, if you logged on with your user account and opened outlook express, all you will see is your email. I believe you can do that it windows ME also, but im not sure

i reinsatlled the windows xp when the existing xp is having some problem in the different folder, i am able to restore the outlook express messages from the old XP, i want to restore the address book, but iam unable to do that,because i am unable to find thw *.wab files.please help me in this concern...

advance thanks

satya prasad

OE lets you create seperate IDENTITIES. That way each Identity only gets the email for the acount that you set up. You can name these identities, select which one opens by default and even password protect Identities.

I belive its under FILE/IDENTITIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back